The chemicals used in the etching and cleaning semiconductor wafers are usually aggressive. That’s why it’s crucial that they should be stored, delivered to the process, and disposed of properly and safely.
Chemical handling equipment, such as chemical carts (also referred to as chemical pump carts or chemical collection carts), are a convenient way to remove waste chemicals from the process and ready them for disposal.
Modutek’s chemical carts are specifically designed for safe pumping and containment of the chemicals and for moving them to a safe location for further treatment. They allow operators to quickly remove used chemicals from a process line and let the process continue to the next step with a minimum of delay. They are easily rolled up to the process tank that contains the used chemicals and operators can safely transfer even toxic or corrosive chemicals.
Chemical cart design features:
- Compact profile at 36 inches long, 18 inches wide, and 42 inches high.
- Made of white polypropylene resistant against acids (also available in stainless steel for solvent applications).
- Mounted on lockable swivel casters.
- Suction wand for emptying process tanks.
- Independent discharge tube for transfer of waste chemicals to a neutralization system.
- Pneumatic pump, three-eighths inch.
- On-cart five-gallon chemical tank with double containment (Department of Transport-approved).
- High-level sensor interlocked with pump for added safety.
- All-Teflon piping.
Modutek’s chemical carts allow operators to receive, store, deliver, and discharge these toxic and dangerous chemicals safely. These well-designed carts can help reduce waste, deliver accurate dosages to the process, and track chemical use.
Containment of spills is a crucial safety and environmental issue that can be addressed by good design practices. Modutek’s extensive experience with wet process technology and acids used ensure that the company’s chemical handling equipment operate in a completely safe and reliable manner.
Units similar to chemical carts can take on other functions. For instance, chemical delivery system can handle chemical reception, storage, and delivery to the process. They can include bulk storage such as in large tote chemical containers that can supply high volumes of chemicals, or 55-gallon drums located at the process. These systems can include software for dosage control and software can also control the mixing of chemicals.
Read our newest article, How Chemical Carts Provide Safe Handling and Disposal of Chemicals, to learn more. If you would like to discuss your specific needs or get answers to your questions, contact us via email at Sales@Modutek.com or by calling 866-803-1533.